Community Involvement Programs
Commensurate with experience and other qualification
Are you a great community connector with a strong fundraising background? Are you interested in social justice and advocating for personal and civil rights for people with disabilities alongside people whose voices have historically been ignored? Are you a creative and passionate person looking to work for a dynamic organization with practices that are leading change in our industry? If so, CIP is a great opportunity for you!
The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Community Involvement Programs’ fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The CEO and the Board of Directors in all development and fund raising endeavors.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with CEO, Development Committee and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Community Involvement Programs with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other staff or consultants regarding fundraising function.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Must embrace the mission of Community Involvement Programs
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- CRFE certification preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume to: email@example.com