The Kentucky Association of Private Providers (KAPP) is seeking an Executive Director to lead the association in fulfilling our Mission:
To organize private providers in the disability community to be a powerful voice for political, economic, and social change in Kentucky.
To promote and assist private providers of services and supports to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families; deliver an accurate and timely source of critical information for its members; provide leadership in the development and provision of innovative high-quality services and supports in the private sector; provide members with an influential and respected voice with the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government; communicate with and assist the membership through formal outreach and other special services; help develop strong networks among members and other organizations; provide training and educational opportunities for members; and encourage and nurture partnerships that promote self-determination and empowerment of individuals with disabilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably human service, business, communications, political science or related field); prior executive management experience in the field of intellectual disabilities preferred.
• Demonstrated strong written/oral communication, interpersonal, advocacy and customer service skills
• Proven ability to engage and collaborate with state regulators, legislators and other key agencies and stakeholders
• Experience in the areas of leadership, public relations, teambuilding and strategic planning
• Competency in administering digital technology for association membership dues, email communications and website functions.
• Provide leadership and support to the Board in developing and executing a strategic plan
• Serve as a registered lobbyist and active association leader/representative in public policy and government relations
• Plan, initiate and deliver membership growth and retention activities
• Organize and oversee annual conference planning process
• Serve as KAPP liaison for ANCOR
• Provide support, guidance and technical assistance to association members
Salary: To be determined based on qualifications and experience
Interested Candidates should contact and send resume to:
Shannon McCracken, KAPP Board Chair
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, veteran, ancestry, age, religion, disability, citizenship status or any other group protected by the law.