American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR)
The American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR), a vibrant national nonprofit trade association representing over 1,400 community service providers of supports and services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for a well-rounded IT Manager to manage all essential technology in our Old Town and DC offices and for remote staff.
Based in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, ANCOR's IT Manager reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), supervises all IT-related vendors and contracts, and will be a critical member of a dedicated staff of fourteen professionals. The IT Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management, maintenance and continuous improvement of ANCOR’s database and computer and phone networks, and will assist ANCOR staff and members with their IT needs.
The ideal IT Manager for ANCOR has excellent technical and project management skills combined with a willingness and aptitude for learning new web systems and working with data, combined with excellent interpersonal skills. The IT Manager will closely collaborate with staff to ensure that technology will support ANCOR’s program objectives, and that technology is a tool, not a barrier, to increased member engagement.
Experience in netFORUM and Microsoft Power BI will make an applicant stand out. Attention to detail, the ability to manage the implementation and completion of hardware/network projects and a critical problem-solving eye are essential. Experience with an association, membership organization or nonprofit is a plus.
Duties of ANCOR's IT Manager will include:
- Maintaining and improving ANCOR’s database (netFORUM) which houses membership demographics, event registrations and supports ANCOR’s website, online community and communications with members. Database management includes:
- Developing and implementing data collection systems and other strategies to optimize efficiency and enhance quality and integrity of data.
- Maintaining database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Preparing for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior management; coordinating design and programming.
- Interpreting and analyzing data and results and providing various reports and statistics.
- Maintaining database performance by troubleshooting problems.
- Executing platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming.
- Securing the database by developing policies, procedures and controls.
- Advancing information systems and organization mission by completing related functions as needed.
- Development and Implementation of Power BI to illustrate critical data and inform strategic and operational plans.
- Managing relationships with all IT-related vendors. This includes:
- Tracking the performance of vendors regarding timely problem resolution and efficient installation and upgrades of IT systems.
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Recommending and implementing upgrades to support ANCOR staff and overall organizational goals.
- Working with membership staff to develop ways to increase collection of member demographic information and leverage data for segmenting and analysis.
- Producing weekly reports on membership and revenue.
- Maintaining the inventory of IT and AV assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Three to five years of experience in managing a relationship database (SQL proficiency required; Abila netFORUM experience preferred)
- Expertise in creating queries and reports
- Ability to interface both with tech-savvy and non-tech savvy individuals with respect and skill
- Strong knowledge of and skill in HTML and a familiarity with CSS
- Vendor management experience
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and demonstrate leadership
- Strong critical thinking/analysis skills with the ability to evaluate new and existing IT components for effectiveness and areas of weakness
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to make timely, value-based decisions
- Results driven
ANCOR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, people of color, immigrants, women and members of the LGBTQ community are especially encouraged to apply because we believe diverse perspectives enhance our work.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to Gabrielle Sedor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Salary Range: $60,000-80,000 annually, plus highly competitive benefits package