Calling agency executives, operations and program managers, case managers / team leads, DSPs, business partners, researchers, policymakers, self-advocates and family members – Do you have a bright idea to share with the I/DD provider community?
Then submit a session proposal to present at ANCOR’s 2018 Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA scheduled for April 15-17, 2018.
Volumes of business articles, research findings, books, blogs, and listicles stress the importance of our people and our relationships as critical success factors in business. At our 2018 conference, ANCOR will focus on our social capital as our greatest assets for success.
Let’s leverage our relationships to:
- Make lasting impact in our advocacy;
- Motivate, nurture, and lead our teams;
- Cultivate unique partnerships for creative solutions;
- Weave community networks and resources to enhance the services and supports we provide.
Our Favorite Presenters
- Lead interactive sessions to stimulate thought-provoking discussions
- Challenge our assumptions
- Teach replicable approaches that our attendees can implement in their communities
- Provide tools and resources for attendees to use at home
- Demonstrate the impact and success of their approach with data, first person accounts, and other objective evidence
- Free of commercialism
- Free of partisan political views
- Standard presentations should fit within 45-minute breakout session to accommodate 15-minute Q&A opportunity
- Submitted by Friday, November 10, 2017, 11:59 PM, Eastern
- Visibility as a subject matter expert in the Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) field
- Discounted speaker rates to attend full 3-day conference (or complimentary registration for the day of your presentation)
- Listing on our website and program materials, distributed to all attendees
- Networking opportunities with providers and advocates in the I/DD community
Topics of Interest That Keep Us Up At Night
Topics listed below is sampling of our hot issues, and not an exhaustive list. We encourage you to submit proposals on other critical topics not listed below.
Navigating Policy and Regulations
Proficiency in federal policies and regulations that impact our work
Government programs we should maximize
Techniques to influence policy discussions
Providing Highest Quality of Services
Quality of Care, Care Coordination, Consumer Protections, Quality Outcomes
Person-centered or person-directed
Defining Community/Creating natural supports
Providing complex behavioral supports in community settings
Nurturing Our People
Preventing Employee Burnout
Career development models
Training vs. Learning
Innovate to Compete
Non-traditional service models
New funding strategies
Ingenious use of mainstream technology
Exemplifying High-Performing Organizations
Performance metrics and management
Strategic outsourcing (e.g., shared services)
Balancing Liability and Risk
Adapting to Change and Leading Organizational Transformation
Proposal submission period: September 1 - November 10, 2017, 11:59 PM Eastern. Download proposal questions here.
- Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- No substantive changes in content or presenters are made without prior written approval from ANCOR conference staff
- In the event the original presenter is unable to attend the conference, a substitute presenter of equal expertise will be provided; ANCOR staff must be contacted immediately
- ANCOR will begin contacting selected presenters in January 2018
- All selected presenters agree to electronically submit their session materials by Friday, March 30, 2018
Submit a Proposal