Scott and Craig de Fasselle, a father-and-son team, have helped I/DD providers increase their online applications for DSP jobs by over 300%. In the course of their work, they've learned lessons and best practices to dramatically improve online DSP job postings and attract mission-driven candidates.
Scott and Craig argue that it is time to stop worrying that potential applicants think "the pay is similar to McDonalds, and you have to be responsible for someones life" and instead attract candidates who mirror our best DSPs who are drawn to this work because "I get to change someone's life."
After the session, you will understand:
- How you can dramatically improve your job postings on websites like Indeed
- How to write text that will motivate the right people to apply
- Easy changes you can make to your website job application portal to get more applicants
A recording will be made available for registrants.
- Scott de Fasselle, co-owner of Blitz Media Design, has spoken for the Ohio Provider Resource Association, Rehabilitation & Community Providers Association, and Kentucky Association of Private Providers. He's helped providers increase their online applicants for DSP jobs by over 300%. Scott has also shown providers how to avoid wasting thousands of dollars on recruiting.
- Craig de Fasselle, co-owner of Blitz Media Design, was first exposed to the I/DD field when he was in college, doing student teaching and designing recreation programs for children with DD. In addition to speaking with Scott, his son, he's written successful grants for iPads for Autism program, and been a SCORE presenter.
- Carol Slight, Vice-President, Lutheran Ministries of Mercy – FMHM, is responsible for overall management of Filling Homes and its subsidiaries. Carol has worked in the Developmental Disabilities profession since 1987. A leader in the Developmental Disabilities community, Carol’s advocacy has placed her at the forefront of such advocacy frameworks as Lutheran Social Services in America’s Disability Network (LSA-DN) and the Values and Faith Alliance (VFA).
- Members: $69
- Non-Members: $129